“The Tower of Refuge is committed to helping the impoverished come to realize the love and life that is in Jesus Christ by meeting their spiritual, physical, and social needs.”
The Tower of Refuge is a nonprofit organization that is currently focused on benefiting (positively impacting) the physical and spiritual needs of the impoverished people of Jacmel, a town that is located in south Haiti. We are involved in supporting orphan children with education, shelter, and food.
Part of our vision is building and supporting children orphanages, Bread of life being our first one open in collaboration with Pastor Medit. In addition, we also seek to help the poor community by providing food, supplies and spiritual encouragement.
- To provide family atmosphere for the children. We believe the traditional family is the ideal model and want our children to experience all of the stability, love and guidance that comes from that.
- To help families in crisis keep their children. We believe our orphanages are the best last alternative for children care giving.
- To prepare our children for life after bread of life. We want our children to have a strong education and spiritual maturity so that that when they move on from the orphanage they can be healthy and productive members of society.
- To live christ’s example of a life of service. We want to give back to the local community through service, outreach and compassion. To love our neighbor as ourselves.
- To motivate more fortunate people for kingdom work. We want to motivate and empower people to partner with us in serving children, families, and nations in need for god’s glory.
- Jesus Christ is the savior of the world and the only way to get to God the Father.
- Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose again. [1 Corinthians 15:13]
- In the resurrection of Jesus Christ, that He sits on the right hand of God, and that He is the king of kings and the lord of lords.
- Jesus is coming a second time to judge the whole world and to gather his faithful and bring justice to his people.
- Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one can come to know the true God without putting their faith in jesus. [John 14:6]
- Salvation is earned by grace, through faith in jesus christ, and not by works. But we also believe that without works, faith is dead. [Ephesians 2:8-9, James 2:14-17]
- The godhead, the trinity- god the father, jesus the son, and holy spirit are one.
- We believe in the work of the holy spirit, manifested through the gifts as stated in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11.
- The stewardship that God has given us is not to be taken lightly, but to be taken diligently with perseverance.
- In the great commission found in Matthew 28:16-20.
- “Religion that is pure and undefiled before god the father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their inflictions, and to keep one’s self unstained from the world.” [James 1:27]
- Jesus Christ is the only name that can give life and that safety is only found through him, the only strong tower. [Proverbs 18:10).